- School's Open: All traditional calendar San Diego Unified schools are scheduled to be open tomorrow, Wednesday, April 29. Year-round schools are currently on Spring break.
- Web Page: The district now has a Swine Flu page on its website. Updates will be posted there, along with good advice from health authorities on how to maintain your health through hand washing and other actions, as well as what to do if you catch the flu or a cold.
- On The Phone: Parents will be receiving a telephone message this evening about the situation. Check back tomorrow for a link to that message.
- Normal Day: Absences for Monday, April 25, were slightly below average, with 4,271 students absent out of approximately 100,000 students; about 33,000 students are currently on vacation at year-round schools. On average, absences for this time of year are approximately 4,500. Figures were supplied by the district's Pupil Accounting department.
- Wash Those Hands: Principals have received and are posting "wash your hands" posters. Hand washing is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of disease.
- Health Official on Radio: Dr. Wilma Wooton, San Diego County Public Health Officer, spent a half-hour answering questions about the outbreak on KPBS-FM.
- For More Information: San Diego County residents can call the County of San Diego Swine Influenza Information Line at (858) 715-2250.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
This is an update to the San Diego Unified School District on issues related to the swine flu outbreak, as of April 28, 2009.
at 4:24 PM