Parents, students, employees and community members are strongly encouraged to attend one of five upcoming Budget Town Hall Meetings. Attendees will learn more about the budget crisis and offer ideas and feedback for the Board of Education on the best ways to balance the budget for the 2010-11 school year. Each meeting will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
A Board of Education member will officiate at each meeting, which is open to the public.
- Thursday, Nov. 19: Serra High School, Media Center, 5156 Santo Road (92124). Sub-District B — Katherine Nakamura.
- Thursday, Dec. 3: San Diego High Educational Complex, Performing Arts Theater, 1405 Park Blvd. (92101). Sub-District D — Richard Barrera.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: Mission Bay High School, auditorium, 2475 Grand Ave. (92109). Sub-District C — John de Beck.
- Monday, Dec. 14: Porter Elementary North, Auditorium, 445 S. 47th St. (92113). Sub-District E, Shelia Jackson.
- Thursday, Dec. 17: Madison High School, Performing Arts Center, 4833 Doliva Dr. (92117). Sub-District A — John Lee Evans.