Early childhood education provides children with the critical foundational skills, strategies, and experiences that promote success in school and beyond. Extensive research shows that students who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs:
- Engage in more complex activities with peers and materials
- Enter kindergarten with necessary skills for school tasks
- Show greater knowledge of numerical concepts
- Are less often retained or placed in special education classes
- State Preschool Head Start Extended Day Classrooms (6.5 hours) at 17 different locations across the district
- Three-hour State Preschool Programs, with both morning and afternoon sessions at 43 different elementary school locations
- Full-day care is offered for families who qualify and meet both income and needs requirements at Child Development Centers (CDCs) in 12 different locations across the district.
These enrollment fairs will be conducted at middle and high schools in the communities served by the State Preschool programs. The calendar of enrollment fairs will be finalized May 18 and will be posted on the ECE program website.
Each registration event will provide for both scheduled appointments and walk-ins. The enrollment fair calendar will include an appointment hotline families can use to schedule appointments at their convenience.
For additional information, please contact the Early Childhood Education Programs office at 858-496-8126.