|Crawford auto technology students|
and their teacher.
Under the supervision of teacher Carl Kingsbury, the students have been showing fair visitors the differences between diagnosis and repair of a 1974 Chevrolet (owned by Kingsbury) and a 2012 Toyota Prius hybrid, on display thanks to a local auto dealer.
"The equipment used and the techniques for repairing cars have totally changed in the last 40 years," said Kingsbury. "Today's students have to know about computers -- not only as a tool to fix the car, but the onboard computers that help today's cars perform."
The Crawford students are located in the breezeway of the fairgrounds grandstand, adjacent to hundreds of other student projects that were submitted to the fair. Many San Diego Unified schools submitted art projects and other items for the fair's competitions. Winners included:
|Winners for Lexa Horsley|
of Serra High School.
- Diana Bautista, Clairemont High School, Fashion Design
- Art 1-2, Mrs.Polyak, Patrick Henry High School, Group Project, Fine Art
- Lexa Horsley, Serra High School, Graphic Design, Two-page Spread for Yearbooks
- Manny Rodriguez, Serra High School, Graphic Design, Sports/Action/News page
- Julian Finburgh, University City High School, Drawing, Other 3D
- Tom Naylor, University City High School, Ceramic Other 3D