Before Lincoln can grab its title back, the school must qualify via video challenges that begin this week. The steps are simple and the prize is high, $25,000 is up for grabs. Please follow the directions below – it only takes a few minutes, and make sure to return every week for the next three weeks to vote for the other two video challenges.
Instructions for voting
- Visit http://www.hurley.com/wtw
- Choose Lincoln’s Hornet Logo to view it
- You will be required to login to Hurley.com to vote. It’s a painless process, so don’t let that hinder you!
- Click VOTE!
- Spread the love by sending everyone you know to Hurley.com/wtw!!
Remember, each Hurley.com account user is allowed one vote PER school PER challenge. So, you have all week to get each person you know to cast their vote!
The remaining dates for voting are as follows (all times Pacific Daylight Time):
- Challenge 2: 12:01 a.m. April 18 to 11:59 p.m. April 22;
- Challenge 3: 12:01 a.m. April 25 to 11:59 p.m. April 29;
- Wildcard (only needed if we don’t make the cut): 12:01 a.m. May 16 to 11:59 p.m. May 20.
Please make sure to vote each week and pass this on to your friends and family. Lincoln has won the Walk the Walk Fashion show in 2008 (House of Blues), West Coast Grand Champions in 2009 (Huntington Beach – U.S. Surf Open), and hopes to get a chance to do it again in 2011 this summer.
A special thank you goes out to Mr. Mutter’s students (video production class) and everyone else that was featured. Over 30 hours went into each 2 minute video, so please make sure to thank anyone you know that was part of that process!
Finalists will meet for the National Championship event at the U.S. Open of Surfing, the world’s largest action sports event. After surviving five months of video challenges, the six finalists will now create their own 5-minute fashion show and compete on the runway to win the grand prize of $25,000. Good luck Hornets!