Teams of three to four students conducted needs assessments for an emergency department and then addressed:
- The physical layout;
- Innovation in equipment, devise or organization; and,
- Staffing and connections with other departments.
Some of the innovations the students created were:
- Patient and Family Tracking systems
- Specific Rooms for Psych Patients to decrease congestion in the Emergency department
- Integration of Smart Phones with Apps to pre-register for the Emergency department
- Gardens for Waiting Rooms
- Use of iPads for transfer of Patient Results
For more information, please contact Ellis Vandiver, CCTE Biomedical Sciences Instructor, at email@example.com.