Pressed with the challenge of sustaining a quality Cadet Corps; the new leadership embraces the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the program and its cadets. The Cadet Brigade Staff is the cornerstone of Cadet Leadership. They represent to top 10 percent of cadets among the entire District. Selection for these positions require them to appear before a selection board and present their skills, abilities and desire for specific leadership positions. This year the San Diego Unified Cadet Corps will be led by a group of students that have achieved significant academic and leadership recognition.
The 2013-2014 JROTC Joint Brigade Staff are:
- Brigade Commander: c/COL Julia Sterling, San Diego High School;
- Brigade Executive Officer: c/LTC DeShawn Walker, Hoover High School;
- Command Master Sergeant: c/CSM Earnest Lagdameo, Mira Mesa High School;
- Administrative Officer: c/Maj William Jiang, Scripps Ranch High School;
- Scholarship Officer: c/LTC Shannon Douangsavanh, Lincoln High School;
- Operations Officer: c/LtCol Andrew Custodio, Scripps Ranch High School;
- Logistics Officer: c/LCDR Jessica Plein, Patrick Henry High School;
- Public Affairs Officer: c/MAJ Jenny Nguyen, Madison High School;
- Communications Officer: c/MAJ Johan Escalona, Morse High School.