- American Red Cross: Prepare Your Home and Family
- National Association of School Psychologists: "Helping Children After a Wildfire" and other helpful publications
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Wildfires
- American Psychological Association: "Recovering from Wildfires"
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, "Tips for Talking With and Helping Children Cope"
- Ready San Diego! for kids
- Ready.gov for kids
Friday, May 16, 2014
Tips offered on helping children to cope with emergencies
Organizations such as the American Red Cross and Ready San Diego have great tips on helping your child cope with natural disasters such as fires and earthquakes, reports San Diego Unified's Counseling and Guidance staff. Here are some links to those organizations' pages.